Fred-104's RCT2 Custom Scenarios - Now with 340+ scenarios!

Fred-104

Hello to everyone reading! I have a huge collection of custom scenarios for OpenRCT2, currently with a whooping 326 of them (as of 2021-04-01). It includes but is not limited to many highly challenging scenarios, remixes of various scenarios from RCT1 and RCT2, beefed up and improved/revisited versions of all RCT2 Wacky Worlds and Time Twister scenarios (often appended with a Roman numeral 2 "II" at the end of the name), and scenarios inspired by other games/media, including 4 Halo-themed scenarios!

There is at least one scenario for every objective type in the game. There are also 7 "no money" scenarios available. Also, there are multiple scenarios with the "Finish building 5 coasters" goal, as well as several with the "Build 10 roller coasters with a given length" goal. As you look into the scenarios, you might notice that some of the goals are absurdly high for the scenario group the scenario is placed in - you will need to use a more systematic gameplay approach (e.g. pricing umbrellas and rides at max price, building highly efficient rides and coasters, and having a better understanding of the game's mechanics in general) to win these scenarios. I am of the opinion that the RCT2 Wacky Worlds and Time Twister scenarios themselves are too easy, hence why I created beefed up versions of them. You should still have fun playing the scenarios regardless though, especially if you seek a greater challenge than the official RCT1 and RCT2 scenarios. Realism-focused playstyles are NOT recommended, especially in several of the challenging and expert scenarios in this pack.

No custom scenery objects are used in any of the scenarios, although some scenarios do use the terrain edge styles from RCT1 - linking RCT1 Deluxe to your OpenRCT2 installation will make the RCT1 terrain edge styles show up.

When you download the scenario collection as a zip file, just extract them to your "scenario" folder in your OpenRCT2 directory (e.g. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\OpenRCT2\scenario") and you'll be able to access the new scenarios right away! Do note that I will update the collection either with new scenarios or with revisions to existing scenarios within this pack.

NOTE: I did NOT create these scenarios for RCT2 vanilla or RCT Classic, as there are quite a number of them that use new elements that exist in neither RCT2 vanilla nor RCT Classic (e.g. wooden coaster boosters). My custom scenario pack is meant for OpenRCT2 ONLY. You should preferably have the v0.3.3 stable release or later.

NOTE2: Please do NOT complain if my scenarios don't work for you! It's not my fault that my scenarios don't work for everyone. It would be ideal for you to use the latest stable or develop builds to be safe. If the scenarios still don't work, that's not my problem.

Scenario Groups

• Tycoon Trek (TT) - RCT1-inspired scenarios (e.g. Frontier Finis, Dark Age Forest Frontiers, Mei's World, Karts & Dinosaurs)
  • Corkscrew Commemoration (CC) - RCT1 AA/CF-inspired scenarios (e.g. Chilly Crag, Prehistoric Quarters, Coaster Capstone, Rickety Bosk)
  • Sidewinder Symphony (SwSm) - RCT1 LL-inspired scenarios (e.g. Vertigo Vale, Rubrum Rocks, Orange Spacescape, Teapot Borough)
  • Butterfly Bash (BfB) - RCT2-inspired scenarios (e.g. Rockstar's Aerodrome, Alpine Antics)
  • Geographical Glee (GG) - RCT2 WW-inspired scenarios (e.g. South America - Easter Island)
  • Chrono Warp (CW) - RCT2 TT-inspired scenarios (e.g. The Coaster Pit)
  • Game Scenarios Galore (GSG) - Scenarios inspired by other games (e.g. Halo 4 - Forge Island)
  • Mythic Conquest (MC) - The absolute hardest scenarios I have ever made. They will truly test your knowledge, skills, tactics, luck, and endurance! (e.g. Wasteland of Dying Dreams, Caelian Pyramid, Nemesis Badlands)
  • Original Scenarios (OS) - Any scenario that doesn't fall into any of the above series (e.g. Gerbera Gambol, Abandoned Temple)

Screenshots of some of the scenarios

NOTE: This is only a sample of what to expect in this huge scenario pack.

Northern Sands - The tougher cousin of Southern Sands from RCT1 Loopy Landscapes.

Northern_Sands_2020-09-16_11-22-28.thumb.png.dee9c1e7cbc85cc5682cccbb7aca41ab.png

Halo 4 - Forge Island (Great Anvils) - My first custom scenario that I ever publicly uploaded. It is obviously inspired by the Forge Island multiplayer map from Halo 4.Great_Anvils_2020-09-18_17-49-38.thumb.png.62bf2af61ea4fe34217c3238720df4f7.png

Europe - European Cultural Festival 2 (European Extravaganza 2) - One of my beefed up, improved versions of the RCT2 Wacky Worlds and Time Twister scenarios.

European_Extravaganza_II_2020-09-07_21-50-05.thumb.png.055ac68dfbe7738e66c10121bcd10842.png

Primordial ParkPrimordial_Park_2020-09-09_18-30-13.thumb.png.cb5e2a0335ec63f51c90895447f042a2.png

Onyx Heights - A futuristic remix of Diamond Heights from RCT1.Onyx_Heights_2020-09-07_15-32-14.thumb.png.f950449c1d08ff25748e193bc42fd65f.png

Frostbite Castle - A great example of a scenario that uses both Wacky Worlds and Time Twister objects together properly. This is also a notoriously difficult scenario, and Marcel Vos actually did this scenario live on stream back on February 1, 2020.

Frostbite_Castle_2020-09-18_18-05-51.thumb.png.9a30857d5d70c9be4e1e8b6c161e28ea.png

Manic Meteors - One of the several "big bad" scenarios in this pack. You WILL fail it multiple times at the start, but if you can even make it through the initial hurdle of getting your park rating above 700 before May, Year 1, there are even nastier surprises waiting for you once you get to 1,000 guests.Manic_Meteors_2020-08-28_21-07-57.thumb.png.70971e123fc168b8e7b6940e11bc2427.png

Eighth Court of Diyu - Another "big bad" scenario in this pack, this scenario, themed around the Chinese underworld, is one of the hardest scenarios in the collection. It is even more difficult than Manic Meteors as there are many restrictions enabled, and the land is also rather difficult to work with. If you can make it through this one, props to you!

Eighth_Court_of_Diyu_2020-09-30_21-42-59.thumb.png.697c744be3bfe1b23bfd0fc5f4e79f8b.png

Titan Peaks - My 200th scenario overall and a rather difficult shop profit-focused scenario in the pack.

1772653880_TitanPeaks2020-10-2321-07-47.thumb.png.ef996ba19b0b0b379377951047ad9bf8.png

Gaia's Genesis - My 300th scenario overall, and wow it is really beautiful and huge.

1413678573_GaiasGenesis2021-02-2022-30-03.thumb.png.8804374a7ad41f8f296b9c6c3194712a.png

and finally... Wasteland of Dying Dreams - by far the most infamous scenario in the whole entire collection. If you can even make it through this one, many props to you!

1262357608_WastelandofDyingDreams2020-10-3114-58-01.thumb.png.631ae0e22ecef1e18512f2615fc94aa3.png

BONUS: Nemesis Badlands - Wasteland of Dying Dreams's tougher cousin. If you can even complete this scenario, many props to you.

599105205_NemesisBadlands2021-03-2623-35-42.thumb.png.4f4a6af10fb14fc55fbb214fafa3e12f.png

Edited by Fred-104
340 scenarios and counting!
  • Like 2
  • Fred-104 changed the title to Fred-104's Custom Scenarios - Now with 300+ scenarios!

Some interesting data regarding all of my scenarios and the objectives they have (as of 2021/02/26 I have made 305 scenarios):

• 79 (25.90%) = "Number of guests at a given date"
  • 59 (19.34%) = "Number of guests in park"
  • 32 (10.49%) = "Repay loan and achieve a given park value"
  • 29 (9.51%) = "Monthly income from ride tickets"
  • 28 (9.18%) = "Park value at a given date"
  • 24 (7.87%) = "Monthly profit from food/merchandise"
  • 22 (7.21%) = "Finish building 5 roller coasters"
  • 22 (7.21%) = "Build 10 roller coasters of a given length"
  • 10 (3.28%) = "Build 10 roller coasters"

If you ask me, this is far better than all of the official RCT1 and RCT2 scenarios combined (counting 'real' parks, Mega Park, "Build your own..." scenarios, and official DLC scenarios like Fort Anachronism and Panda World), which total to 144 scenarios, 83 (57.64%) of which have a "Number of guests at a given date" objective. So with my scenarios, you really do get far more variety with the goals and challenges.

• Fred-104 changed the title to Fred-104's RCT2 Custom Scenarios - Now with 325+ scenarios!
  • 2 weeks later...

That's not my problem, you're using an outdated version of the game. I'm on the 0.3.3 stable release and Boomerang Dunes works perfectly fine. Please switch to the latest develop/stable release version and stop complaining. I won't fix my scenarios just to make them work on an older version of the game.

• Dislike 3
  • Fred-104 changed the title to Fred-104's RCT2 Custom Scenarios - Now with 340+ scenarios!

I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out a concern. Not once have I ever berated nor insulted you (not to mention, I'm fairly new here and this really isn't the welcome I wanted to receive).

Also, I'm not sure how to update my version of OpenRCT2. I try to give an update a download and I'm kinda lost on what exactly I need to do next.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this content! Just having maps with larger sizes is wonderful, let alone all the impressive terrain and texturing done in each individual map! You clearly have a lot of passion for this game, and I don't want that to be undermined. Kudos to you!

"Fred-104's RCT2 Custom Scenarios looks too intense for me"

Wow this is so neat! I love rollercoaster tycoon, and I haven't even played more than 10 of the original scenarios. I never knew anyone had made scenarios like this, and I'm really excited to try some. Thank you for your time making this! <3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Fred-104. Thanks for these scenarios. I love playing them!

There is one issue though I experience with some of the scenarios. Upon completion I don't get the option to enter my name. This results in the scenario not being 'completed' in the scenario list. I had this with Antediluvian Antics, Benstone Bridge and Boomerang Dunes. (I'm playing the scenarios in alphabetical order, haven't played the next scenarios yet). I do get the 'Congratulations!' popup, but the button to enter your name is missing.
I have the option 'Enable early scenario completion' enabled. But for the other scenarios it works fine.
Do you have any idea what may cause this?

ps I have the latest version 0.4.6.

openrct2.jpg

Edited by mrfreeze
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2023 at 17:11, mrfreeze said:

Hi Fred-104. Thanks for these scenarios. I love playing them!

There is one issue though I experience with some of the scenarios. Upon completion I don't get the option to enter my name. This results in the scenario not being 'completed' in the scenario list. I had this with Antediluvian Antics, Benstone Bridge and Boomerang Dunes. (I'm playing the scenarios in alphabetical order, haven't played the next scenarios yet). I do get the 'Congratulations!' popup, but the button to enter your name is missing.
I have the option 'Enable early scenario completion' enabled. But for the other scenarios it works fine.
Do you have any idea what may cause this?

ps I have the latest version 0.4.6.

openrct2.jpg

Tested, All .park scenario cannot type the name after you complete the objective, probably a bug from OpenRTC I guess? (idk, finger cross 🤞)

File name .scX / .sc6 / .SC6 works normal.

*Edit: Try > Redbox tool and > Convert saved game to the scenario for each .park and now I can enter name again, so it's a bit of hand click working but that is what you can do right now 

Edited by Melte
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 18/09/2023 at 13:58, Melte said:

Tested, All .park scenario cannot type the name after you complete the objective, probably a bug from OpenRTC I guess? (idk, finger cross 🤞)

File name .scX / .sc6 / .SC6 works normal.

*Edit: Try > Redbox tool and > Convert saved game to the scenario for each .park and now I can enter name again, so it's a bit of hand click working but that is what you can do right now 

hi,

Im new to OpenRCT2. I tried this with some .PARK maps from this user. I first played Antediluvian Antics, finished it and could not enter name and get it listed as 'finished' in the scenario viewer.

After i started the map, and saved it using your solution, again, no name.

Do i need to do your edit before i start a map? Or do i do something wrong and can i better play .SC6 maps instead?

I really like play these custom scenario's, but without the ability to 'finish' them, i think it has no use.

If you can help me, thnx!

EDIT: it worked; just replace before you start a new scenario. replace the file where you saved you custom scenario's and rewrite the file. I had Antediluvian Antics saved just before finishing and it worked (the rewrite had all my rides and 3 years of play in the 'newly saved' scenario' as a test. I think this works for other scenario's as well. I will try with the next scenario Melte's solution agian and agian before starting each scenario i downloaded.

Edited by Rimini