OpenRCT2

Probably pretty basic questions, but I'll ask anyway. :)

1. It appears that the graph for a ride only shows the first 5 minutes of travel, is this correct, or should it show the entire length of the ride. I often have ride tracks that are 4km, 5km, or longer.

2. Why does the game get concerned when a vehicle on a test run "hasn't returned to the station" when that's because of the distance it has to travel ?

3. Any tips for the annoying "most confusing layout" or "guests are getting lost or stuck". When there is clearly (to me) no reason, straight line pathing, etc. I know the AI doesn't really "read" signs and maps.

Thanks in advance.  :)

On 12/09/2020 at 14:34, ExCrafty said:

Why does the game get concerned when a vehicle on a test run "hasn't returned to the station" when that's because of the distance it has to travel ?

Because it doesn't take account of the distance it has to travel. You get that message if the train takes longer than a certain amount of time to return to the station, which means that if you have a ride with a very long duration you might get that message even if the train isn't actually stuck.

On 12/09/2020 at 14:34, ExCrafty said:

3. Any tips for the annoying "most confusing layout" or "guests are getting lost or stuck". When there is clearly (to me) no reason, straight line pathing, etc. I know the AI doesn't really "read" signs and maps.

The best option is to keep the path layout very simple - a grid usually works. The AI isn't very smart and figuring out what's causing a particular issue is often difficult - if I get that message I usually try to identify where the guests are getting stuck and where they're trying to get to, and then build a path directly between those two points, which is far from an ideal solution.

• Like 1