OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisErtel17

Playing RCT1 on OpenRCT2

Hi All! I’m sure this has been answered several times but I’m newer to using OpenRCT2. I saw that you can load up RCT1 maps. I own it on Steam. When I go to options to choose the path for RCT1, and click the folder it’s located in on my desktop, nothing happens. It’s like the folder is empty. Can anyone help?! Thanks in advance!

If RCT1 is installed in the default steam directory, OpenRCT2 should detect it automatically. What is the exact path to the folder you've specified?

On 21/05/2020 at 19:58, TigressDragonblade said:

What directory is your Steam library installed to? It's normally not on your desktop. Usually it's something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe

I had the same problem. This is the default RCT1 Deluxe folder, but Open RCT2 didn't regocnize it, or had a slightly different location (I didn't check well enough). I immediately entered above folder location, restarted the computer and it worked! Now Open RTC2 has all scenarios from RCT1 Deluxe and RCT2. I am happy to play RCT1 with early scenario completion!