OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
Version1

Block Brakes

So, here come some questions/ideas from a block brake enthusiast.

First of all, in this issue on Github it is mentioned that block brakes used to not brake the train for a while. What happened to that? I think it was a move in the right direction to make them more viable in game again.

Also, I saw that there is an option now to override the block brakes manually using the tile inspector. Would it be technically viable to allow us to use the tile inspector to put a block on any piece of track? Right now we only have block brakes (which brake the train way too much) and the endpiece of lifts (which does allow us some ways to trick the system) but being able to declare any piece a block would be a nice addition for realistic coaster building (especially multiple launch coasters)

9 hours ago, Version1 said:

What happened to that? I think it was a move in the right direction to make them more viable in game again.

From reading that thread it looks like it was reverted because it's different to vanilla behaviour and therefore might break existing saves. There is a pending PR that implements similar functionality, but it's been there for more than a year and does not look like it's going to be merged anytime soon.