OpenRCT2
VincentsAnimations

The Dreaded Catwalk (lol)

I’ve seen a lot of rides have a catwalk and I wonder to myself, “how did they get that?” So I went to the tile-inspector and checked the square. The catwalk sprite existed and the tile-inspector saw that it exsisted. However, I don’t know where it is in the game.

4 hours ago, X7123M3-256 said:

Are you asking where the object file is? It will be in your OpenRCT2/object directory. Otherwise I'm not sure what you want to know.

I’m asking where in game I can find the catwalk and use it for rides.

If it's a catwalk made from scenery, it can be found in the scenery construction window with all the other scenery items. If there is a currently selected scenery group that includes it, it will appear in the corresponding tab (this is usually the case if you are using a workbench). Otherwise it appears in the miscellaneous tab (the one with the question mark).

If it's a catwalk made from ride track, it would be found in the ride construction window (multi-dimension and wooden coasters are the rides most commonly used for catwalks).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, X7123M3-256 said:

If it's a catwalk made from ride track, it would be found in the ride construction window (multi-dimension and wooden coasters are the rides most commonly used for catwalks).

Ah, I found it in the scenery menu. Thanks.