OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
Carl36

Game refuses to open, stops responding on blank screen.

I have not played OpenRCT2 for around a few months or a year, and when I tried to open it today, I could not, as it just didn't start up! I thought at first maybe my files were messed up, so I got a brand new game download and tried that. Still didn't work. I am wondering if anyone knows why this is happening? I have fresh files, and a correct directory (which yes, goes to a file that contains all RCT2 files). I provided an image if you know the problem.

Capture.PNG

Not useful, after starting up at first, takes a few seconds, then closes itself. When re-opening, opens for half a second then closes. I am not clicking the window in any way.

Open a command prompt, `cd` to the directory where openrct2.exe and openrct2.com reside, then execute `openrct2.com`. It should print some error message to the command prompt.

After an hour of waiting, this was all I got after following your instructions and opening openrct2.com

Capture.PNG

Edit: I tried again and the index built itself, then it closed itself with no error messages..

Edited by Carl36
More stuff added