Jump to content
OpenRCT2
Sign in to follow this  
looping_louie

Guests are too strict and cheap

Recommended Posts

So I have tried out OpenRCT2 to play the scenarios of RCT1, but I have noticed that many will not bother riding on my thrill rides and gentle rides. Sure they will ride on it at first for a few weeks but then eventually they will just ignore it thinking "I'm not paying that much for x" or "I want to go on something more thrilling". It's not just those rides that suffer from guests suddenly becoming cheap. I built a log flume that was decently exciting, but then later on guests kept demanding lower prices, despite them initially accepting it. So what gives? Why can they initially accept them, but then later on get so anal and cheap?  I also have noticed that a lot of the guests will just enter the park, and then leave barely riding on anything or not riding on anything, despite a good amount of rides that would be their fitting? I had this problem with Frontier Forest and Dynamite Dunes and so far this has distasted me from enjoying the scenarios that I might drop the scenarios all together if this will be a problem throughout. I don't think it's a problem with the paths as the layouts have been pretty straight forward. I also remember the guests in original RCT1 not being as strict ergo I remember the scenarios back then being easier. So can anyone tell me what's wrong and if this is a problem with OpenRCT2 or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, looping_louie said:

I built a log flume that was decently exciting, but then later on guests kept demanding lower prices, despite them initially accepting it.

This is normal. Ride value degrades with time; people will pay more for a brand new ride than one that's been there for several years. You can use the "renew rides" cheat if you want to override this behaviour.

Edited by X7123M3-256

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is most likely an 'issue' of RCT2. The economy in RCT2 (and thus OpenRCT2) is a bit harder than RCT1. Simply check your guests thoughts regularly and reduce prices if needed. The guest thoughts window probably the most helpful feedback tool in the game.

The most notable change in OpenRCT2 over RCT2 is that you can no longer ask at least $6 for any new ride, but only for rides that are worth at least $4 without new ride bonus (1 year old).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to keep in mind is that the price that guests are prepared to pay for a ride is cut in four if they had to pay an entrance fee. If you want to make real money from rides, you should not ask an entrance fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 04:12, X7123M3-256 said:

This is normal. Ride value degrades with time; people will pay more for a brand new ride than one that's been there for several years. You can use the "renew rides" cheat if you want to override this behaviour.

Hmmmm, I think that he might also be suffering from other rides costs just building up. (that made no sense, ok lemme explain) So let's say I put a ride down for $3:00 and nobody has any complaints over the price. Yes ride value does hold some importance to how much people will pay for it. However, if say I put like 50 other rides/shops that cost $3:00 for admission (or whatever they're paying for) suddenly guests aren't going to pay for your ride simply because it holds less "value" to them.

An easier way to think about it is just. Guests won't pay for rides if they just don't have the money for it compared to other rides that are more satisfactory and cheap.

I have no idea if that made sense to you but I tried to lay that out the best way I could explain it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17-7-2018 at 16:38, VincentsAnimations said:

Hmmmm, I think that he might also be suffering from other rides costs just building up. (that made no sense, ok lemme explain) So let's say I put a ride down for $3:00 and nobody has any complaints over the price. Yes ride value does hold some importance to how much people will pay for it. However, if say I put like 50 other rides/shops that cost $3:00 for admission (or whatever they're paying for) suddenly guests aren't going to pay for your ride simply because it holds less "value" to them.

An easier way to think about it is just. Guests won't pay for rides if they just don't have the money for it compared to other rides that are more satisfactory and cheap.

I have no idea if that made sense to you but I tried to lay that out the best way I could explain it.

The amount of money a guest will pay for a ride does not depend on how much other rides cost, but only on the value of the ride itself. As a ride ages, it's value will slowly drop. There will be a 25% reduction in ride value if there is a ride of the same type elsewhere in the park, however. I recommend you to read the guide i linked to earlier in this thread, it covers all the code used to calculate the value of a ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 03:51, Deurklink said:

The amount of money a guest will pay for a ride does not depend on how much other rides cost, but only on the value of the ride itself. As a ride ages, it's value will slowly drop. There will be a 25% reduction in ride value if there is a ride of the same type elsewhere in the park, however. I recommend you to read the guide i linked to earlier in this thread, it covers all the code used to calculate the value of a ride.

I've read the spreadsheet already. I just never got around to deleting that message or rewording it. :/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...