Jump to content
OpenRCT2
Broxzier

Group Park 8

Recommended Posts

Alright everyone, here's what i made this turn:

image.thumb.png.b1871869e40d2911b118a05011948c48.png

I made station for my launched coaster. I also made a transfer track and a small building to store the coaster trains. It still needs some stuff all around, but that will be for a later turn :P 

image.png.97948c2dabbba3a67cd60532fe523854.png

I also took these 2 trackitecture rides, and turned them into 1:

unknown.png

I copied a piece of this track and used it in my station as well (with a different color). 

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.13.sv6

@Broxzier, your turn!

Claimed: -
Queue: Broxzier, UTMAN, Wuis, Deurklink
Missed: Redscope53, giraty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New addition: a basic parking lot

5afed0ddd7706_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-1815-06-30.thumb.png.b70a78280bc5ecc95fc7894c81ba3d7c.png

I'd name it after my dog, but I've never had a dog, so it has no name really.

I've also added some foliage on the beach near the ship and replaced the riggings with a ladder.

5afed188bee0b_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-1815-10-49.png.950a9704e39e36c7016250eed977c6df.png

Claimed:
Queue: UTMAN, Wuis, Deurklink, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty

@UTMAN You're up!

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.14.sv6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a small swinging ship ride and a small building next to the bay. Also I've added a ride into the ship, since a lot of area there were led to nothing and people "gpt lost". I've also added a toilet into the ship, since I forgot to add one in my previous turn. I increased the number of staff. We had 4 engineers for the entire park... so i added a few. Also some security guards since we had a serious problems with vandalism.

Claimed:
Queue:  Wuis, Deurklink, Broxzier, UTMAN
Missed: Redscope53, giraty

Your turn @Wuis!

image.thumb.png.8d791ff434a5ba2733bc73669294bd37.png

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.15.sv6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 24 h has passed since I posted my last turn so I guess Deurklink goes to missed too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for taking so long. Here are my contributions:

5b073d9abad82_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2500-31-11.png.22e327fe64b838a32e863a532937b835.png 5b073d9a29bda_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2500-31-26.png.08a0e1cd7352a9d7375558e72b9ea96e.png

I've tidied up the greenery near the paths, mostly adding some flowers and other bushes, and I've added parked cars to the parking lot. Most of them seem to be idots and park halfway on the pavement and stuff. Must be a radical country...

Claimed: -
Queue:  UTMAN, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Wuis, Deurklink

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.16.sv6

@UTMAN You're up

Edited by Broxzier
forgot to tag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I've tidied up the greenery near the paths, mostly adding some flowers and other bushes, and I've added parked cars to the parking lot. Most of them seem to be idots and park halfway on the pavement and stuff. Must be a radical country..

I'll fix the spacing when i take my next turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, UTMAN said:

I've build a coaster called Sybilla. Full of loops and corkscrews. I hope you all like it. Your turn again @Broxzier

 

Here's a tip: It's usually better to use less trains than the block sections allow. In this case, I would use 2 trains. There's now often 1 train waiting at the station, and 1 train at the top of the lift hill. If I were to ride this coaster, that would annoy me a lot :P 

image.png.3c6c700340e014072979cacfd9143d69.png

Also, I would make the trains a bit shorter (probably 5 cars). This will make it look a lot better, especially since the coaster is quite low to the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tested it with two trains, but the difference is minimal. The track duration goes from 1:42 to 1:41 or something. The probelm is mostly that the block brakes are relatively close to each other. The queue waiting time doesn't seem to be so bad though, at only ~6 minutes most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Broxzier said:

I've tested it with two trains, but the difference is minimal. The track duration goes from 1:42 to 1:41 or something. The probelm is mostly that the block brakes are relatively close to each other. The queue waiting time doesn't seem to be so bad though, at only ~6 minutes most of the time.

As far as i know, the ride duration counter is stopped when a car is stopped by the block brakes. I just tested it with 2 trains (of 5 cars) and they no longer had to stop and wait all the time. Of course this would require a small track change to allow the trains to make it through all inversions.

For clarity, this would only be for aesthetic reasons. I didn't look at the effect on queue times. 

Edited by Deurklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's something I didn't know! Even after 15+ years Istill learn new things about this game :P

Claiming!

Claimed: Broxzier
Queue: UTMAN, Wuis
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Deurklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've cleaned up the entrance area somewhat, by adding gladd behind the walls with holes in them, adding fences, adding some foliage, adding a signpost, and a new shortcut path for people to use who are more familiar with the park already.

5b0c094d89b49_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2815-49-49.png.7240eab9de722075a7f6f0b71138c1c1.png

I've also added a small building near the parking lot, whick I will finish later, and sewers underground (they look cool when you use the cut-away view! :D)

Claimed: -
Queue: UTMAN, Wuis, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Deurklink

@UTMAN

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.19.sv6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Broxzier said:

I've cleaned up the entrance area somewhat, by adding gladd behind the walls with holes in them, adding fences, adding some foliage, adding a signpost, and a new shortcut path for people to use who are more familiar with the park already.

5b0c094d89b49_TheOpenRCT2GroupPark82018-05-2815-49-49.png.7240eab9de722075a7f6f0b71138c1c1.png

I've also added a small building near the parking lot, whick I will finish later, and sewers underground (they look cool when you use the cut-away view! :D)

Claimed: -
Queue: UTMAN, Wuis, Broxzier
Missed: Redscope53, giraty, Deurklink

@UTMAN

The OpenRCT2 Group Park 8.19.sv6

Mmmmm sexy blue gladd... yeah I love gladd..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...