Jump to content
OpenRCT2
ValTr

Chairlift number of chairs

Recommended Posts

Hi,

sometimes the chairlift won't let me use more than one chair, even though I could fit a whole house for the number of stations I have.

The solution I found was save the track and rebuild it, but it's not always optimal (sometimes it's literally impossible to rebuild at the same exact spot because of height difference, even if I press SHIFT/CTRL the whole structure won't go up or down).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ValTr said:

Hi,

sometimes the chairlift won't let me use more than one chair, even though I could fit a whole house for the number of stations I have.

The solution I found was save the track and rebuild it, but it's not always optimal (sometimes it's literally impossible to rebuild at the same exact spot because of height difference, even if I press SHIFT/CTRL the whole structure won't go up or down).

As a temporary fix, you can use the cheat 'Disable vehicle limits' on the rightmost tab in the cheat menu. It will allow you to put many more cars on any ride than you normally can.

Edited by Deurklink
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, wasn't aware of that option

And for the other problem? I mean when you save a preset for a built ride, and then try to replace it in its same place... sometimes it's hard if not impossible to place it at the same exact spot/height. It would be nice to have a "Repair/Rebuild" button that would apply the base cost of the structure + something like 5% of its price, and then adds 5% every time you want to rebuild it. Of course this operation would be the same exact thing as rebuilding the entire ride (reliability up again, people want to go on it again, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ValTr said:

Thanks, wasn't aware of that option

And for the other problem? I mean when you save a preset for a built ride, and then try to replace it in its same place... sometimes it's hard if not impossible to place it at the same exact spot/height. It would be nice to have a "Repair/Rebuild" button that would apply the base cost of the structure + something like 5% of its price, and then adds 5% every time you want to rebuild it. Of course this operation would be the same exact thing as rebuilding the entire ride (reliability up again, people want to go on it again, etc).

There's also a cheat that renews rides :D It's free, though.

Edited by Deurklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but it's a cheat, and it's "Renew all rides". I mean, unless one wants to do that and go subtract money and all the operations manually, yeah, but it's not feasible I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't. Or at least, I'm not aware of a way to do that - the shift key doesn't work. You can adjust the height of individual track pieces with the tile inspector, but it's quite tedious to raise a whole layout piece by piece. I have in the past used a script that find all track pieces belonging to a given ride and raises them by a set amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ValTr said:

But how do you adjust the height when using Custom Built Designs?

I typically just raise the ground under the station before placing it. 

Edited by Deurklink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Deurklink said:

I typically just raise the ground under the station before placing it. 

This. Just raise the land tile where the first station element is, place the layout, and then lower the land afterwards. Piece of cake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...