OpenRCT2

(Linux) Cannot host Multiplayer due to "stack smashig"

Hi Board,

I recetnly shut down my Windows Server and now want to continue my OpenRCT2 Server on my lubuntu 15.10.

I loaded the package from the website, unpacked, made openrct2 executable and ran it with ./openrct2

First it was missing a lot of libraries, but then I found a link that offered all apt-get commands to load all required. Unfortunately one last was still missing and I found a second list of apt-get commands. (Yes, sorry, right now I cannot find the EXACT links, I will offer them later)

Hooray, the game starts. But when I create a new (or load an old) multiplayer game it crashes right after starting the session.
The following errors occur:

ERROR[/home/travis/build/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/src/openrct2.c:557 (openrct2_setup_rct2_segment)]: At least one of required pages was not found in memory. This can cause segfaults later on.
ERROR[/home/travis/build/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/src/scenario_list.c:346 (scenario_scores_legacy_load)]: Invalid header in legacy scenario scores file.
ERROR[/home/travis/build/OpenRCT2/OpenRCT2/src/network/network.cpp:292 (BeginServer)]: IPV6_V6ONLY failed. 92
Ready for clients...
*** stack smashing detected ***: ./openrct2 terminated
Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Could anyone make something out of it? I am a windows admin and have my troubles with linux, so I might need some "how exactly do I do that" steps if I shall provide protocols or change some settings.

I updated OpenRCT2 twice now, right now I am using the most recent version OpenRCT2-0.0.5.0-develop-67f1131-linux.tar.gz

Thanks in advance

The Wolf

Hi, I do not understand a word that this site says, sorry.

The application now keeps running (I updated to the latest build again) but I can not host a game with my Linux PC

Error .../TcpSocket.cpp:148 (Listen)]: IPV6_ONLY failed .92

Ready for Clients...

ALSO lib pcm.c:7905:snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

CAn please anyone help?

When I host the came with Windows, the Linux can join as a client.

Edited by HtHNightwolf